You must bring a form of PHOTO identification to pick up your packet.
- If you are registered as a UCI student/faculty/staff please bring your UCI ID Card.
- If you are registered as a WCCTC competitor please bring your university ID card.
- Friday, 8th February 2018, 5:00 pm – Online Registration closes
- Saturday, 9th February 2018, 11am-4pm – Packet pickup in front of the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC)
Race Day Schedule – Sunday, February 10, 2018
- 5:00 am – Race Day Packet pickup/Registration
- 6:30 am – Packet Pickup/Registration Closed
- 6:50 am – Transition Closed
- 7:00 am – Parathlete Start Time
- 7:10 am – Collegiate Male Triathlete Start Time
- 7:15 am – Collegiate Female Triathlete Start Time
- 7:20 am – Age Group/Relay Male Triathlete Start Time
- 7:25 am – Age Group/Relay Female Triathlete Start Time
- 7:30 am – 6K starts
- 11:00 am – Awards (estimate, will begin when all athletes have cleared the course)
We welcome all levels of athletes and our race is considered very beginner friendly. Triathlon can seem intimidating and complicated, but it’s as easy as swim, bike, and run, don’t sweat it too much! That being said, we do want to make sure everyone is aware of a few basic rules if you’re new to the sport. If you’re into fine print you can read more here.
Drafting – keep at least three bike lengths of clear space between you and the cyclist in front. If you move into the zone, you must pass within 15 seconds.
Position – keep to the right-hand side of the lane of travel unless passing.
Blocking – riding on the left side of the lane without passing anyone and interfering with other cyclists attempting to pass.
Overtaken – once passed, you must immediately exit the draft zone from the rear, before attempting to pass again.
Helmets must be worn at all times while on your bike. This means before, during, and after the event.
Headphones, headsets, walkmans, iPods, MP3 players, or personal audio devices, etc. are not to be carried or worn at any time during the race.
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. All participants must have an annual membership valid through the race date, or must purchase a one-day license ($12 adult, $10 youth) during registration. Be sure to bring your ID and USAT card to packet pickup. A USAT license provides insurance, and an annual membership comes with additional benefits.
The bike course will be completely closed to traffic to allow for the safety and race experience of our athletes. Parking is available at the Anteater Recreation Center for a fee. The parking pass is required by the University of California and we cannot control this. Spectators should plan to arrive by 6:45 AM in order to park. Vehicles arriving after this time may be redirected to another lot, but this is dependent on available space and arriving late is at your own risk.