Team Coach: Kim Cormier
Kim has been involved in the triathlon and duathlon world for over 20 years. She has Competed and placed in races all over the US and Canada. She is a past Silver medalist in the Duathlon World Championships, a 2 time USA Triathlon All American, 4 time World Champion qualifier, 10 time national championship qualifier and frequent age group podium finisher in Triathlons and Duathlons in sprint, Olympic, long course,half ironman distance races, as well as road races from 5k to the Marathon.
As a child in Massachusetts, Kim was an active high school athlete in soccer, basketball, softball, and track. Concentrating on track at the end of her high school career. She gave up racing in college to concentrate on earning a Masters of Engineering but got back into running road races after college and signed up for a winter triathlon on a challenge from a friend. She has been hooked on Triathlons and Duathlons ever since.
Kim hopes she can bring her love of the sport to help UCI athletes train and confidently compete in triathlons, and to make Triathlons a long-term part of their life.
Team Coordinator & Assistant Coach: Jesse Holt
- Degree: Physiology & Biophysics
- Year in School: PhD Student, 3rd year
- Hometown: Escondido, CA
- Favorite Race: Wildflower Long Course Triathlon
- Athletic Background: Crew, Climbing, Triathlon, & Swim
- Favorite thing about the team: Having an excuse to wear spandex outside and go play bikes with an awesome group of people. Everyone on the team is so beautifully weird and someone is always down to join in on my crazy ideas.
- Favorite Hobby: Underwater hockey and basket weaving
- Spirit Animal: The North American red fox (Vulpes vulpes)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Presidente & Pace Arrow Captain: Brody Cormier
- Major: Data Science
- Year in School: Senior
- Hometown: Laguna Niguel, CA
- Favorite Race: Pacific Coast Duathlon
- Athletic Background: Track & Field, XCountry, Lacrosse
- Favorite thing about the team: Having an awesome group of people to go on adventures with and do exciting races and events that I would probably never do on my own.
- Favorite Hobby: Triathlon (that’s why I’m here)
- Spirit Animal: Water Opposum because I don’t really belong in the water, but I swim when I need to
- Email: email@example.com
Vice-President & Race Director: Andrew Helmers
- Major: Biological Sciences
- Year in School: 2nd
- Hometown: Pleasanton, CA
- Favorite Race: Wildflower Olympic Distance Triathlon
- Athletic Background: 7 yrs. running & 13 yrs. extreme ironing
- Favorite thing about the team: I love the team dynamic and how every practice is a chance to learn more about each other. I also enjoy all of the races that we go to and the experiences we have not only during the race but also traveling to and from it. Besides that, I also appreciate being able to improve myself within such a helpful and supportive atmosphere.
- Favorite Hobby: Listening to Nekrogoblikon with Jesse Holt
- Spirit Animal: Skittle (green)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year in School:
- Favorite Race:
- Athletic Background:
- Favorite thing about the team:
- Favorite Hobby:
- Spirit Animal:
Social Media Chair & Quartermaster: Victoria Chen
- Major: Computer Science
- Year in School: 2nd
- Hometown: Cupertino, CA
- Favorite Race: Wildflower
- Athletic Background: Blue
- Favorite thing about the team: Everyone on the team is so supportive and encouraging that before you know it, whether you initially believed in yourself or not, you’ll find yourself crossing that finish line with a huge smile on your face, already making plans for the next race. Also, it’s awesome to have such a quirky group of people to go on adventures with.
- Favorite Hobby: Exploring the outdoors
- Spirit Animal: Penguin
- Email: email@example.com
Membership Co-Chair: Matt Brand
- Degree: Civil and Environmental Engineering Grad Student
- Year in School: Oh God I’ve lost count at this point (7, maybe 8?)
- Hometown: Wyckoff, New Jersey
- Favorite Race: Santa Barbara – nothing like catching a ride with a shark to improve your swim time
- Athletic Background: Couch Olympic Athlete
- Favorite thing about the team: My favorite part of the team is the social aspect – we all support each other during our races and it really helped calm my nerves during my first races. I didn’t really know how to swim when I first joined, but thanks to Jesse’s training I can now out-swim a shark.
- Favorite Hobby: Cooking
- Spirit Animal: Turtle
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Co-Chair: Charlotte Love
- Major: Civil Engineering, Hydrology
- Year in School: 3rd year PhD
- Hometown: San Mateo, CA
- Favorite Race: The UCI Zot Trot, of course!! However, of the ones we compete in, UCSD Tritonman.
- Athletic Background: Cycling and whitewater kayaking.
- Favorite thing about the team: Fun teammates! They make training and racing even more fun.
- Favorite Hobby: Triathlon! Also cycling, backpacking, and art.
- Spirit Animal: Snail
- Email: email@example.com
Sponsorship Chair: Caleb Wong
- Major: Business Administration and Public Health Policy
- Year in School: 2nd
- Hometown: San Francisco
- Favorite Race: Laguna Niguel Kiddie K
- Athletic Background:varsity volleyball and tennis, played basketball, soccer, baseball, football
- Favorite thing about the team: being able to be pushed by others
- Favorite Hobby: photography
- Spirit Animal: sea cucumbers