Kim has been involved in the triathlon and duathlon world for over 20 years. She has Competed and placed in races all over the US and Canada. She is a past Silver medalist in the Duathlon World Championships, a 2 time USA Triathlon All American, 4 time World Champion qualifier, 10 time national championship qualifier and frequent age group podium finisher in Triathlons and Duathlons in sprint, Olympic, long course,half ironman distance races, as well as road races from 5k to the Marathon.
As a child in Massachusetts, Kim was an active high school athlete in soccer, basketball,softball, and track. Concentrating on track at the end of her high school career. She gave up racing in college to concentrate on earning a Masters of Engineering but got back into running road races after college and signed up for a winter triathlon on a challenge from a friend. She has been hooked on Triathlons and Duathlons ever since.
Kim hopes she can bring her love of the sport to help UCI athletes train and confidently compete in triathlons, and to make Triathlons a long term part of their life.
1. Name: Kim Cormier
2. Nickname: Kim
4. Favorite hobbies: run, bike, swim, hike, ski, kayak, anything outdoors
5. If your life was a movie or a book what would the title be: Run for your life
6. Favorite Superhero or cartoon: Wonder Women, she is so fast and her hair always looks great
7. Chocolate or vanilla? : Chocolate all the way !
8. Awkward moment: Not knowing how to get out of my wet suit at my first tri and falling in the transition area
9. What’s your spirit animal: An Eagle
10. Proudest achievement so far: Silver medalist in the Duathlon World Championships
11. Why I Tri: How else can you do one of your 3 favorite sports every day and not have people call you crazy
1. Name: Shantell
2. Nickname: Shanteezy, Teezy, Shantell Shuester (Thanks Masha!)
3. Year and Major: 1st year PhD, Epidemiology
4. Favorite hobbies: Anything outdoors and adrenaline seeking, soccer, snowboarding, hiking, water sports, listening to live music, being a NERD
5. If your life was a movie or a book what would the title be: Life, Adventure and the Pursuit of Science
6. Favorite Superhero or cartoon: “Stitch” because who doesn’t love that cute little doggy alien and all his mischief and love for family
7. Chocolate or vanilla? Neither…team mint chip all the way
8. Awkward moment: When I ran into the sliding door thinking it was open
9. What’s your spirit animal: A chimpanzee…Monkeys have the greatest life ever just swinging around from tree to tree EATING BANANAS!
10. Something I am proud of: Being an Auntie
11. Why I Tri: Triathlons are hardcore and its really motivating to do something that others think is impossible or crazy. Races are always in the most beautiful of places. And seeing them by bike is mind blowing! Im hoping to do my first half ironman next year somewhere in Europe.
Vice President/Race Director:
- Name: Kellen Rayos del Sol
- Nickname: Kell-Bell, Kelly
- Year and Major: 2nd Year Undergrad Chemical Engineering
- Favorite hobbies: Triathlon of course! I also enjoy writing fiction, watching anime, playing on the Xbox, drawing (I try), photography (follow me on Instagram @kerrenn_rds), and eating good food!
- If your life was a movie or a book what would the title be: “Where did the time go?”
- Favorite Superhero or cartoon: Ironman (because who doesn’t want to be an Ironman?)
- Chocolate or vanilla?: Vanilla because it tastes better as a protein shake, followed by Swiss chocolate bars to satisfy my sugary cravings
- Awkward moment: So many awkward moments…probably always messing up on a high-five or handshake…it ends up with our hands getting tangled…very awk…
- What’s your spirit animal: The duck because they do triathlons too! They swim, fly, and waddle!
- Proudest achievement so far: Finishing my very first Half Ironman! After I crossed the finish line, I hugged my mom and could not help but cry.
- Why I Tri: I love to test my adaptability in a sport that requires skills and abilities across three separate disciplines. Once I did my first triathlon, I got hooked immediately. I TRI in order to achieve my goal to qualify and complete the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii!
1. Name: Alex
1. Name: Brody
1. Name: Isabelle
2. Nickname: Izzy, Iz, Isa
3. Year and Major: 1st year undergrad, Undecided/Undeclared
4. Favorite hobbies: Of course running, swimming, and biking!
5. If your life was a movie or a book what would the title be: The Wizard
6. Favorite Superhero or cartoon: Wonder Woman
7. Chocolate or vanilla?: A swirl of both 🙂
8. Awkward moment: When I was jamming out to a song and I had my headphones in, so I didn’t know how loud I was singing until I realized everyone in the room was staring at me.
9. What’s your spirit animal: A lion
10. Proudest achievement so far: Coming to UCI
11. Why I Tri: I tri because I love to run, swim, and I get to improve on biking. Tri is a well rounded sport that pushes me to my limits, and helps me realize I can do anything I set my mind to.
Executive Council Rep:
1. Name: Brian