Team Coordinator & Coach: Jesse Holt
- Degree: Physiology & Biophysics
- Year in School: PhD Candidate, 4rth year
- Hometown: Escondido, CA
- Favorite Race: Wildflower Long Course Triathlon
- Athletic Background: Crew, Climbing, Triathlon, & Swim
- Favorite thing about the team: Having an excuse to wear spandex outside and go play bikes with an awesome group of people. Everyone on the team is so beautifully weird and someone is always down to join in on my crazy ideas.
- Favorite Hobby: Underwater hockey and basket weaving
- Spirit Animal: The North American red fox (Vulpes vulpes)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Presidente & Pace Arrow Captain: Victoria Chen
- Major: Computer Science
- Year in School: 3rd
- Hometown: Cupertino, CA
- Favorite Race: Wildflower
- Athletic Background: Blue
- Favorite thing about the team: Everyone on the team is so supportive and encouraging that before you know it, whether you initially believed in yourself or not, you’ll find yourself crossing that finish line with a huge smile on your face, already making plans for the next race. Also, it’s awesome to have such a quirky group of people to go on adventures with.
- Favorite Hobby: Exploring the outdoors
- Spirit Animal: Penguin
- Email: email@example.com
Co-President & Race Director: Andrew Helmers
Origins of a Rap-God by Andrew Helmers
My name is Drew and I love what I doI am Co-President and Race Director tooI’m in bio sci and a 3rd year nowI come from Pleasanton, Cali-for-nee-ow (wow!)My favorite race is still the Wildflower challengeAnd I hope the rap won’t make you cringeI come from running (and one bad year of swim)The best part of the team is trying to get slimJust kidding, that last part was not the only thingThe best part of the team is what everyone can bringLike hardworking, adventure-loving, amazing personalitiesMixed with crazy humor, the pace arrow, and embracing abnormalitiesMoving on to my spare timeI really like to trail runI have found that no matter where it isI tend to have a lot of fun 🙂Last and most importantly is my spirit creature:I picture of a mix of a panda, squirrel, and my favorite teacherNow in the future, if you want to contact me or give me a cashewJust contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Lucas Moore
- Major: Physics
- Year in School: Second
- Hometown: San Francisco, CA
- Favorite Race: Kendra’s Race (UCSB)
- Athletic Background: Baseball, some casual running
- Favorite thing about the team: The deeply supportive and positive community that pushes us all to do our best. Other than that, the constant laughs and jokes, and just a good group of people to stay in shape with.
- Favorite Hobby: Other than triathlon, backpacking and jamming out on guitar.
- Spirit Animal: Marmot
- Email: email@example.com
Social Media Chair & Webmaster: Brenna Champlin
- Major: Biology with a Minor in Medical Anthropology
- Year in School: Third
- Hometown: Visalia, CA
- Favorite Race: My favorite race was Tritonman because it was my first race ever!
- Athletic Background:I played volleyball my whole life and swam for 4 years. I have always loved biking and figured triathlon would be a perfect fit.
- Favorite thing about the team: My favorite thing about our team is how welcoming and helpful everyone is!
- Favorite Hobby: My favorite hobby is going to the beach and swimming in the ocean! I always enjoy baking and cooking!
- Spirit Animal: My spirit animal is a cat because they are FIERCE, just like myself 😉
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Co-Chair: Matt Brand
- Degree: Civil and Environmental Engineering Grad Student
- Year in School: Oh God I’ve lost count at this point (7, maybe 8?)
- Hometown: Wyckoff, New Jersey
- Favorite Race: Santa Barbara – nothing like catching a ride with a shark to improve your swim time
- Athletic Background: Couch Olympic Athlete
- Favorite thing about the team: My favorite part of the team is the social aspect – we all support each other during our races and it really helped calm my nerves during my first races. I didn’t really know how to swim when I first joined, but thanks to Jesse’s training I can now out-swim a shark.
- Favorite Hobby: Cooking
- Spirit Animal: Turtle
- Email: email@example.com
Membership Co-Chair: Charlotte Love
- Major: Civil Engineering, Hydrology
- Year in School: 3rd year PhD
- Hometown: San Mateo, CA
- Favorite Race: The UCI Zot Trot, of course!! However, of the ones we compete in, UCSD Tritonman.
- Athletic Background: Cycling and whitewater kayaking.
- Favorite thing about the team: Fun teammates! They make training and racing even more fun.
- Favorite Hobby: Triathlon! Also cycling, backpacking, and art.
- Spirit Animal: Snail
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship Chair: Zade Ismael
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Year in School: 3rd
- Hometown: Southern California
- Favorite Race: UCSB
- Athletic Background: Water Polo, Swim, extreme dieting, general upper percentile athlete
- Favorite thing about the team: The team culture and encouraging positivity. Everyone is supportive and it really makes you want to do your best and push yourself. Every practice is a great time with the team and you can always find someone to do a workout with.
- Favorite Hobby: Camping, National Parks, and Tennis
- Spirit Animal: Gorilla
- Email: email@example.com