Coach: Jake Brindle
I am a licensed coach through USA Triathlon, Triathlon Australia as well as a member of the American swimming coaches association. I have education in biomechanics, nutrition, and mental development. I regularly attend continuing education courses to stay up to date not only in my learning but to be an informative teacher to those I work with!
One of my specialties is Youth/Junior development. I have a strong passion for the education of youth in regards to sport which equates to better confidence, a healthier mindset, and body as well as the ability to dream and think that anything is possible in life.
My experience in youth development is broad starting from newcomers up to qualifying youth for a world championship competition. I started, developed, and ran highly successful youth training both in Australia and here in the USA.
I have competed and placed highly in various endurance sports over the past 30 years ranging from bike racing, running races, as well as all distances of triathlon. My new challenge is competing in Gravel riding and races!
El Presidente & Pace Arrow Captain: Dylan Pyburn
- Year in School: Senior
- Year on the Team: 3rd
- Major: Computer Science and Engineering
- Hometown: Roseville, CA
- Favorite of the 3 disciplines: Biking, because I like to go fast.
- Favorite Team Activity: Racing, because I like to go faster.
- Favorite Team Memory: 2022 Nationals
- Favorite Drink: Lemonade
- #1 Tip to a Newbie: Have fun and stay consistent.
- Worst Forgotten Item on Race Morning: Gel
- How I Got Into Tri: I swam for my first two years of college but wanted to try something new, so I joined the team when I transferred to UC Irvine.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President & Race Director: Brian Vazquez
- Year in School: 3rd
- Year on the Team: 2nd
- Major: Criminology
- Hometown: Santa Ana, CA
- Favorite of the 3 disciplines: Cycling
- Favorite Team Activity: Going to bike camp, because I like hanging out with the team.
- Favorite Team Memory: Tritonman Draft Legal race
- Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper
- #1 Tip to a Newbie: Pedal through the corners
- How I Got Into Tri: I wanted to get better at running.
Treasurer: Eric Pedley
- Year in School: 2nd
- Year on the Team: Second
- Major: Computer Science
- Hometown: Bay Area
- Favorite of the 3 disciplines: Running
- Favorite Team Activity: Trackstands on the bike
- Favorite Team Memory: Bike Camp
- Favorite Drink: Gatorade
- #1 Tip to a Newbie: You don’t need a wetsuit
- Worst Forgotten Item on Race Morning: Entire race packet
- How I Got Into Tri: It looked fun at the club fair
- Email: email@example.com
Team Advisor: Robby Dorn
- Year in School: 5th
- Degree: PhD in Chemistry
- Year on the Team: 5th
- Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
- Favorite of the 3 disciplines: Swimming
- Favorite Team Activity: Bike Camp! Adventure rides, exploring new places, hanging with friends making memories what’s not to love?
- Favorite Team Memory: Traveling with the team to the conference race at Cal Poly
- Favorite Drink: Coffee
- #1 Tip to a Newbie: Be consistent. Just get outside often and have some fun. Train hard but train smart. It’s easier when you train with friends and have others to keep you accountable. On race day you want to make sure you’re prepared so you can just get out there and send it.
- Worst Forgotten Item on Race Morning: I left my timing chip and had to run to go get in after the race started.
- How I Got Into Tri: I signed up for a race in highschool and liked it.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org